Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Zarautz, Pais Basco

Today was a lifestyle day. It began with a quick breakfast and running shoes shuffling down the stairs. John Piper was hosted on my ipod as I trekked up the local hills. Vineyards held the mountains together and crumbling walls glued the ancient earth to modern apartment buildings. Second breakfast and some time in the Word.

Grabbed the skateboard and headed to the beach a little before noon. It was pretty cool to see familiar faces and one youth about my age even remembered my name! Met a couple of Benya's friends and then headed back to the house to get into the suit and grab my board.

The water is my time to pray. I feel God's strength rolling underneath me and then I am overpowered with a desire to turn to the surfer next to me and tell him how great our Creator is.

The waves weren't the best, but I got some funny looks when I told the youth that I had a Message from God and that I'm not here for vacation. "Not that many people around here believe in God," Benya responded.

"Well, that's why I'm here, my friend"

No comments: