Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18 prayer requests

Recent developments have humbled me greatly and highlighted my need to seek the Father and his guidance even more. I had partnered with a local ministry and was recently involved in a split. I was accused of sabotage and criticized for my desire to give guidance. I questioned the mission statement (and lack thereof), the maturity of believers, and the treatment of employees. For all of these questions I was kicked out of the last place I was staying. With all my bags in hand, I walked away from what I thought God was calling me to. Clearly, God had closed a door.

God closed another one also. I had been wanting to go to J bay and minister there, but nothing has opened up. My current budget of 30Rand/day would not even allow me to accept an offer to stay at a discounted rate. I don't feel that God has called me to move on yet.

And God opened a door. The local believers at the Surf Shack are longing for maturity and growth. They have been under attack from the secular culture for so long and are in desperate need of support. Please pray for Saltwater Soldiers: a coalition of surfers who will put their identity in Christ and grow and serve with purpose.

Please pray for these things:
1) reconciliation with the past ministry coordinator. that she would be humbled and shaped.
2) direction for Saltwater Soldiers as we organize a mission statement and prepare to do church.
3) for the local believer surfers to take a stand for their faith
4) that God would provide for my daily needs
5) that God would direct me where to go and when to move
6) that God would show me the right people to partner with
7) for the growth and maturity of the street kids and the local surfers

1 comment:

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Hey Jonny.
Spoke to your dad today, and heard you were having a hard time. Sticking to your convictions can be hard, especially when you know the consequences may be severe. If you feel you have done right in God's eyes, then do not stop God from moving you on.
Even if it seems like you're alone, God is with you. He is faithful.
Praying for you bro. Hang in there.