Saturday, June 13, 2009

David Bassett

Dave Bassett is the man. Yea, I kinda hate him. He made me paddle into waves I have no business being near. He made me wake up before the sun rose (in China) to go surf. But I still love this guy.

He's a manager at the Surf Shack in Muizenberg, Cape Town and he and I spent about 6 weeks within 10 feet of each other. We were bros. Through this friend I was able to pour into the lives of other surf instructors at the Shack and invite a lot of guys to bible study. Dave took me into his house and hosted me for several weeks. His house became a launch site for interactions with local surfers and contacts. Through meetings/parties/meals we were able to get into the lives of people.

David has a passion to grow and serve the Lord. He is in a tough place as the surf culture has a heavy pull on Christians.

Keep this brother in prayer as he looks to move believers into discipleship and growth!

No comments: